Friday, June 1, 2012

What Are You Reading?

I decided that the first 3 weeks out of school would be devoted to ME.  Well, not really but I am enjoying the following book,
The Dovekeepers.

Alice Hoffman weaves fiction and fact in The Dovekeepers, a thrilling, passionate story of four women who come together to tend the doves in Masada. While I was in Israel 2 summers ago, my group talked about going to Masada, but our guide said there wasn't really much to see...and it was a day trip there and back from Jerusalem.  After reading Dovekeepers I'm thinking it would be very interesting. 

So, what are you reading for your summer, recreational reading?  If it gets hot ( and it will), I need good books to keep me inside and near the air conditioner.

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing a book study for the Daily 5/CAFE and Concious Discipline. I will get around to reading some "me" books, but I'm just a glutton for punishment at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to be reading There Are No Shortcuts by Rafe Esquith.

    ~Becca @ Fun is Found in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I am reading The City of Ember to decide how to use it in my classroom this year.
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading "The Enchantress" which is the last book of The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. (The first book is called "The Alchemyst." Great series!



    Jennifer
    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete