Friday, August 26, 2011

Just Right Book choice

I know there's a lot of pros and cons for accelerated reader and the quizzes, but I've found their STAR reading assessment helps students find their independent reading level and helps  curb a constant trip to the library (& wasting time precious reading time).  We've been in school 7 days, so after administering the new STAR reading test , I've come up with the picture, to the right, to help students when they head to the library.  If they know their reading level, the 'I know all the words', portion of 'I PICK' should be met.

What do other teachers do when attempting to help students who always want to read books that are too hard?

Sorry I can't remember which blogger had the 'read to self' poster as a freebie...but THANKS, I love the polka-dots!
Pat

1 comment: